Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rebecca has a problem...I'm just saying...

So last night I told Rebecca how I would need a men's XL orange shirt to make a bias binding for her name quilt...once it is quilted.  She bought this lame story and we headed to Goodwill.  It wasn't a sale day, who goes on full price day???....Anyhow, you know I'm not buying any more fabric...in fact, I spent much of the afternoon sitting on the couch patting myself on the back about my mature decision to not buy any fabric.  So I'm feeling really proud of myself as we enter Goodwill and head towards men's shirts--completely bypassing the jeans for booty bags.  Not even looking at them!

Then we get to men's shirts and we find an orange shirt right off the bat.  But still we keep fondling the shirts like perverts....I happen to spy two XXL Christmas plaid shirts...never been used--still new.  Rebecca decided these would be a good purchase to make a holiday quilt.  Then there were a couple of white/blue plaid shirts.  I was speculating that they were also twins...but alas, different manufacturer.  But very close...anyhow, after touching them they became ours as well.  And then, the coup de gras (did I spell that right)...the red "Made in Sri Lanka" skirt...100% cotton...
Then, she keeps groping the black and gray shirts...asking if I need anymore for my Halloween quilt...seriously, she has to be stopped.  Because I had to be the grownup and say "No dear, I think I have enough and I don't want to overbuy because what would I do with lots of leftover black vintage shirt fabric???"....out of my mouth, I actually said that and put the smackdown on the idea of more shirts....

Anyhow, here I am trying to "manicure my stash" and Rebecca is shopping like a mad woman.  She dropped $31 at the Goodwill...and had the nerve to ask for a sale calendar for August.  What...is she nuts?  See, I cleaned up so well that she imagined that all my fabric was gone and I needed more....LOL!  I just crammed more into Alli's closet!  We are our own worst enemies....

On a side note, I just saw my neighbor lady heading off to the gym.  Her husband told her she was getting a little fat (maybe 15 pounds overweight) so everyday she heads to the gym.  At these moments I don't mind cleaning my own pool filters and doing my own yard maintenance....LOL!  Screw that....hahahaha.....how does she fit in crafty time will all that driving to the gym, working out and driving home--easily wasting 3 hours of her day!  OMG Carol....stop the madness!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great take from Goodwill. I'm with you - I'd rather be a fat quilter than a trim person with no creativity in my life. Just LET my husband suggest I need to get to the gym - he'll need to get to the DOCTOR!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!