Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF...

Thank God It's Finished....

I know I haven't posted much lately, but I haven't been napping on the couch all day (well, maybe on a few days).  I've been trying to finish the quilt I started for my Dad's cabin.  I started this back in February with the goal of working on the 100 blocks a little each week and having an easy finish.  Well, it didn't happen quite that way.  So I made a decision in May to NOT work on anything else until I had this done...and now it it finished!  Queen-sized (95" x 95") courthouse steps quilt made entirely from recycled vintage men's shirts.  I actually had cut up so much fabric when making Ryan's quilt that I mostly just used those leftovers...with a few new additions added in at the last minute.  It still needs to be quilted by a longarmer, but it will be done soon..... Yeah!!!



Happy Father's Day Dad!!

What's next???

9 comments:

  1. It is wonderful! Perfect for a dad and for a cabin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very thoughtful and loving gift!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love courthouse steps and with the plaids it is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a lovely quilt!! I love the way you used the vintage shirts - perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want that!! That is sooo going on my list of things to make. GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am humbled by the time, inspiration,and craftsmanship that is evident in this Father's Day gift! Your skills are more than impressive and the photos do not do justice to the vibrant colors.
    A huge thank you!
    Your Dad

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great I have a log cabin started but it too needs to be quilted. I think I spent five years doing the blocks. You did well to get it this far in a few months. Love the plaids

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is one great guy quilt!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!