Thursday, May 17, 2012

LVMQG Orange Challenge

I know I said I wouldn't post about this until the reveal in June, but it turns out I'll be on vacation that week and my quilt will have to be revealed by someone else....darn it!!  So I'll post about it--why not??

I LOVE triange-based quilts (more on that in my next post) so I modified a pattern to accomodate 2.5" strips and this is what I've got so far...




I've actually made 17 of these hexagonal blocks and I have 3 more in partial stages of completion.  I need 28 plus a few halves for the top and bottom of the quilt.  It will be lap-sized when it is done.  Though it looks complicated, it is all pieced in strips--no y-seams.  It will be assembled in rows and should come together easily.  I've done several of these types of quilts so maybe I'll dig them out of the closet and post some pics.  Sara Nephew is my 60 degree triangle hero!!


Anyhow, I took a personal day today so I'm off to Jo-Ann's and Costco.... ;-)  You know, I know my blog sucked this year and unfortunately, so did my work life.  When I have to work too much, I can't sew as much and I end up with a big hole in the blog posts.  Sorry....summer is coming, though!!

Happy sewing!

7 comments:

  1. That's really coming along nicely! I like where you've paired the really reddish oranges with the really yellow ones. Can't wait to see the finished quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog doesn't suck at all! When you post, there is always eye candy like this beauty - I love orange! Please do pull out the other quilts like this and show us. I need to get a 60 degree ruler.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice! I have been sorting through all my fabric, as I am unpacking and finding lots of orange to add to my strips. Still no inspiration, though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The blocks look great, this is going to be a wonderful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks awesome!

    (I actually ordered the book the other day.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat pattern. I can see where the design is coming from and I really like it. This creates an illusion of hexagons without actually making them. Wowwee.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't wait to try this block - I love that it has no Y seams! Just FYI that I've pinned it to my "Quilty Goodness" board on Pinterest (with proper credit, of course!). Feel free to follow me if you'd like: http://pinterest.com/lipglass/quilty-goodness/

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!