Thursday, August 16, 2012

Secret Quilter Gifts...

I'm back from the quilt retreat!!  Three days of sewing, drinking, watching the stars and s'mores!  We were each given the name of a fellow quilter for a Secret Quilter Swap.  It was fun seeing everyone try to sneak around give their gifts to their person....I thought I'd show you what I made for my person, Cindy....


Zippered pouch....some fabric...

Coasters, scissor fob, pin cushion, Scrabble Tile thingy....

 Some nesting buckets I made from scratch....LOL!

I added a little hand embroidery...linen for the background fabric...

A thread catcher...I got the idea from this tutorial...I used a 10" triangle...no interfacing and I did the extra stitching when it was a triangle, before I sewed the sides...


After I unpack my stuff I'll show you what I received...good stuff!!!  Happy quilting...

4 comments:

  1. Cute stuff! I love the thread catcher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **cough** **cough** overachiever

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a good job on thread catcher! martha-sewwhatsnewcom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cola's comment made me chuckle. You did make some amazing stuff! Did you just wing the pouch or did you use a pattern? Cindy definitely got spoiled!

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!