Thursday, March 24, 2016

EPP Rainbow Star Quilt....

I hand pieced this quilt top using EPP last year during the winter and never got around to quilting it.  But now I need a new quilt for my classroom so I busted it out and did some light custom quilting.  The first two pics show the accurate colors, but the next two show the quilting....



A little more shadow and the quilting pops out....The money shot!


I really like how it turned out.  And the quilting went pretty quickly....but I did do each of the stars separately--that was a pain!!  The loops in the white hexagons were easy...I started at the left side of the quilt and just went across the tops of a row, then circled back and did the bottoms once I hit the right side.  Easy peasy!!


I'm thinking about longarm quilting again for customers in my retirement....maybe.  ;-)  I've recently discovered SiriusXM radio, specifically the Bridge channel, and time passes rather enjoyably upstairs now.  I think The Bridge and I are soulmates....honestly, best.music.ever. if you are into late 60's to early 80's folk rock, mellow songs, etc.  Rebecca got it for her car but we can listen online as well or via an app for the phone.  I'm also considering listening to books on tape....that might make the time pass quickly.

Anyhow, I'm working on a new pattern.  The second run-through is being made now (can't show pics of the first yet, but it is great!).  And I ordered some awesome Alison Glass fabric, Sun Print 2016, for what I hope will be the cover quilt!!  Yeah....


Anyhow, more updates soon!!  Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

  1. I really LOVE this quilt. Thanks for showing the quilt and the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just dipping my toe into EPP and your quilt is exactly the sort of piece I would love to create. You must have a pretty amazing classroom, not to mention you likely make it hard to ask, "When am I ever going to need this math again?"! As a math nerd, I love that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice quilt. Audio books are great to listen to while quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a beauty, all the EPP must have taken you so long to do now you have the most colourful wonderful quilt. Beautifully quilted too, that is the part I struggle with only having a small machine. Loving the Alison Glass fabrics too

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a beautiful quilt - lots of fun colors and great quilting. Love the text prints too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! The graphic prints and the bright happy colors, Beautiful work. TFS.

    ReplyDelete

It is great to hear from you... I had to eliminate anonymous comments due to spamming....sorry!